Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Ronan/Hayden/Keegan
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 19:24:28 EST

Is anyone on the list connected with Chicago Ronans, Haydens, or Keegans?

These families would have come from Co. Carlow, Wicklow, or Wexford
somewhere between 1850 and 1890.

Hayden, Pierce - came from Ireland around 1850 - 1860. He married Mary Gaul
who came to Chicago around 1855 to 1860. I found them in the 1860 St. Mary
parish book as baptismal sponsors in 1860.

Keegan - I know very little about them, or when they came to Chicago. I
think that a Michael Keegan married a Catherine Hickey ( my ggrandmother's
sister ) in Co. Carlow around Kilbride, Clonegal. They may not have come to
Chicago, but at least one of their children did. The childrens' names were:
Alicia, Catherind, Charles, Margaret. I know of a Kate Keegan who was a cousin
(?) of my grandfather, John Gaul.

Ronan - a predecessor of my relatives was Ensign George Ronan who was killed
at the Ft. Dearborn Massacre in 1812. Thomas J., a descendent of his. was
born in Co. Wexford and married Elizabeth Hickey (my ggreatgrandmother's first
cousin). I think they may have been married in Ireland. I am not sure.

I have a lot of misc info here from censuses and cemetery records, death
notices etc., but there is still much I am missing. If anyone on the list has
relatives from these families, I would love to hear from you. The family that
I have the least info on is Keegan. I still cannot find a positive
connection to my Gaul/Hickey families, but I know they are related somehow.

Maureen N

products.