From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Cook not Corrigan-Ancestry-- Chicago NewspaperIndexes
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:44:59 -0600

I noted some similarities in the databases, too, Beth.

But as Kathy has pointed out JC's data base (which as far as I know
is unpublished)
has over 18,000 records....and continues....as Kathy has mentioned he
is currently
transcribing more records. Tom Cook's database, which is an absolute
treasure trove,
and has been so helpful to so many of us was around 9,000 records at
the time
Ancestry acquired and published it.

I would love to have EITHER of these prolific, dedicated Chicago
Irish researchers as a presenter to our group
if they had the time and interest. It would be a wonderful
opportunity and our good fortune.
I believe Tom is in Oregon now, however.

Kathy is going to ask JC about meeting with us and I for one am very
excited about that!

Nan