From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Newspaper Indexes
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:03:46 -0800 (PST)

Nan and list,
That's the Irish in Chicago (or Chicago Irish is maybe what it's called) database that is available on Ancestry.
If you remember at the luncheon at the IAHC when Brian was speaking to us, he held up that big spiral bound notebook? That was John Corrigan's database and the one that's on Ancestry.
Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Annette,

Thank you for sharing this with us.
I was unaware of this index. So many of us our looking for obits in
these papers,
it could be of tremendous value to us.

Does anyone else on the list know anything about this index or its
author/creator John Corrigan?

Nan

On Dec 4, 2007, at 9:52 PM, amdo wrote:

> I read in Loretto Dennis Szucs' 1996 ed. "Chicago and Cook County, a Guide to Research", p. 446-7, that John Corrigan compiled an extensive index of many biographies and obituaries of Chicago Irish. He extracted information primarily from the Chicago Inter- Ocean, The Chicago Citizen, The South Side Sun, Lake Vindicator, The Sun and The New World, as well as other published Chicago sources and his own personal research.

This thread: