Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] What about the Archdiocese archives?
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:21:51 EST

The gravestone inscription you referred to was quite nice.
When my husband and I were in Ireland last year we went to Burrishole
Cemetery in hopes of finding
family graves - however the weather wouldn't cooperate so we were unable to
do so, except for a few pictures from the car because it was raining sideways.

It's interesting to me that so many of the Newport Irish emigrated to
Cleveland OR Chicago.
I wonder what / who was the incentive for these 2 cities. Even my grandm
other first went to Cleveland to her aunt before settling here in the Chicago
area. Wish I could go back in time and be a "fly on the wall"

Thank you for responding to me - who knows, maybe all the Chambers are
related in a round about way.

Have a great holiday.

Nancy

products.