Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] John E. Corrigan
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:13:57 +0000

Not too long ago I remember stumbling upon a website that John had created primarily for genealogists (I presume) who were seeking information on their Chicago Irish ancestors. I googled his named today and unfortunately was unable to find it again. It may still be out there. I seem to remember that it was a "pay-for-information" site, but it might be well worth looking for again.

I remember meeting John Corrigan back in the 1970s at organizational meetings of the Chicago Irish Folklife Society which published a newsletter Sceal from 1979-1983 (I still have copies of it in my files). They were then doing great work in studying, and publicizing Chicago's rich Irish-American history. John also taught a course on Chicago Irish history at St. Xavier's College for a time. His special interest if I remember correctly, was the Fenian and Clan-na-Gael movements in the city during the 19th century of which he was an expert!

Tom Cook
Portland, OR

From: Nan Brennan <>