From: amdo <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Newspaper Indexes
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:02:22 -0600

Hi Nan,

Thanks for searching. I just found some info at this website, and I'm guessing this might be the John Corrigan mentioned in Szuc's books. I don't know how recent this information is, though. I suspect he's the same John Corrigan who is also a co-author of a Chicago Irish book or two.

Annette

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:r0n4JzIRTwYJ:www.rootsweb.com/~irlcav/drung.htm+john+corrigan+chicago+irish+index&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

Hello, from Chicago,
Just recently learned one of my wife's families were from Drung Parish, Co Cavan. James Nathan, I guess immigrated during the Famine, his family immigrated in 1851 and came here to Chicago. His wife was Catherine Brady which is usually only a Cavan name. If you have come across any info on this family I would appreciate it. James was mentioned in the series of books on missing relatives queries published in the Boston Pilot.
I collect info on the Chicago Irish and have a databases with over 15,000 names. If you had any folks come this way I would be glad to exchange information.
Thanks, Happy hunting
John E. Corrigan From: John E. Corrigan <>

Fanning, Charles, Ellen Skerrett, and John Corrigan. Nineteenth Century Chicago Irish: A Social and Political Portrait. Chicago: Center for Urban Policy, Loyola University of Chicago, 1980.

> From: > Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 23:11:33 -0500> To: > Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Newspaper Indexes> > Annette,> > I checked John's name and address in your email against the phone listings > in _www.switchbord.com_ (http://www.switchbord.com) .> I found no listing. Either he has moved or perhaps his phone number is > unlisted.> > I also Googled his name with the additions of Chicago and Irish. There were > lots of hits. At least for the first 2 pages, I found no contact for him.> > Maureen N> > > > **************************************Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest > products.> (http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001)>; > -------------------------------> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate.  Join in.