From: amdo <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Chicago Newspaper Indexes
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:52:50 -0600

I read in Loretto Dennis Szucs' 1996 ed. "Chicago and Cook County, a Guide to Research", p. 446-7, that John Corrigan compiled an extensive index of many biographies and obituaries of Chicago Irish. He extracted information primarily from the Chicago Inter-Ocean, The Chicago Citizen, The South Side Sun, Lake Vindicator, The Sun and The New World, as well as other published Chicago sources and his own personal research.

Loretto advises that one may contact John for more information and a fee schedule by sending a SASE to John Corrigan, 1669 W. 104th Street, Chicago, IL, 60643. Since this information is over 11 years old, I am wondering if it is still valid.

Has anyone ever contacted John, or do you know if access to his database has changed over time?

Annette
Share life as it happens with the new Windows Live.Download today it's FREE!
http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_Wave2_sharelife_112007

This thread: