From: "Marilyn Shanahan" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] SHANAHAN - iRELAND - ONTARIO - CHICAGO
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:05:17 -0600

Thanks Nan, but James would have been gone by 1871 from Toronto. I believe
he left earlier and came to US somehow planning on marrying Margaret Doyle
from Toronto in 1872 at St. Patricks Cathedral in Chicago.
She might have still been in Ontario in 1871, since I do not know when she
came into the US either.
James parents are Patrick and Eliza, and Margaret's were John and Bridget
Doyle. She was born 1849 in Wexford, and maybe her family would be in that
census you mentioned. She had four sisters, all a little older, all born
Wexford.
Thanks again, Nan.
Marilyn