From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] January Luncheon
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 15:30:09 -0800 (PST)

As far as doing research at the Library in the Chicago History Museum - no one will be able to as the Research Centre is not open on Sundays. Only the museum itself is open 12-5p on Sundays and the History Cafe is open 12-3p.
Is there any reason why we have to meet on a Sunday? Perhaps a Saturday might work if we want to visit someplace for research in conjunction with our luncheon.
I don't have a January schedule yet for either of my jobs, but if I am counting correctly, the weekend of the 13th may be my weekend that I have to work, so the 19/20th might be better at least for me.
Did we nix the idea of going to Harold Washington Library? They are open on a Sunday, but if we went on a Saturday, the Special Collections Dept is open, also, maybe we could arrange a tour? No place there to eat, but we could find somewhere close by for that. Transportation is super easy - there's an el stop right at the door. Just a thought.
Here's another idea - Kitty O'Shea's in the Hilton on Michigan Ave. They serve lunch (great burger and fries) and we could most likely get the side room for our group. The bus stops right outside on Michigan Ave. or they have a parking lot in the building (which IS a bit pricey though).

Beth

This thread: