From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Help! searching CHS Research Center
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 22:25:27 -0800 (PST)

Nan,
I just emailed one listing to you. When you are searching their catalog, use the drop down menu to search under Title Keyword and search for Catholic New World. A list of about 5 titles will come up. There are 2 listings for New World and 1 for Chicago Catholic. On the right hand side of the page is a clickable option "see full record' - click on that and it will show you what actual issues they have of the newspaper. These are all the same newspaper, just went under a different name for a period of time (I think it was 1977-1989). They do not have a complete run of the paper however.
Beth

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
I'm having a heck of a time trying to find
what CHS has in their catalog for
Chicago Newspapers.

I was especially interested in seeing what they
have for The New World.

Or am I looking for something that isn't there?!
I thought someone posted the New World was available at CHS.

Is anyone experience in using "Archie" to search CHS for their
newspaper holdings?
http://chsmedia.org:8081/

Assistance much appreciated.

Nan