From: Patricia <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Travel between Chicago and Elgin Ill
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:47:26 -0800 (PST)

<QUOTE: I have a question for some historian. How likely would it have been that in
1850 or so someone living in Elgin, Illinois could have met and married
someone living in Chicago? Were there roads, railroads, or waterways that
would have made travel not so difficult?>

I don't know if this helps, but on a quick note, 2 of my relatives met and married women from Joliet, IL, in 1860 and after. My GreatGF, Lawrence Daly and his son, John Daly, married Mary Egan, and Ann Ryan(?), and moved them to Carlisle, Lorain, Ohio. Both men sang in a Catholic Church Choir there, and travelled back an forth to sing.

Patricia

This thread: