Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] January Lunch in Chicago
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 17:59:52 EST

Hi everyone,

Our January lunch tentatively scheduled for the Oak Lawn Library with access
to the computers and a geneology talk by Kathy O'Leary is not a
possibility. At our January lunch perhaps we can discuss the possibility of this venue
for another time. Newberry Library was mentioned as a possibility, but it is
not open on Sundays.

Our first choice of date is Sunday, January 13. Can we go back to our
other choice - Chicago Historical Museum? The hours there on Sunday are 12N to
5P. Lunch at the History Cafe there is 12N to 3P; they have salads and
sandwiches. Group admissions/tours require a minimum of 10 people - all prepaid in
advance. The group admission rate is $9 for adults and $8 for seniors 65
years of age and over. If we don't make a total of 10, the individual admission
rates are $14 for adults and $12 for seniors - paid at entry. Since we
don't always make a total of 10 (especially since we are subject to winter
weather), I suggest we avoid the group rate (and the prepaid requirement). The
individual admission rate includes an audio tour . See the museum website for
details. _http://www.chicagohistory.org/planavisit_
(http://www.chicagohistory.org/planavisit)

I would suggest if the Chicago History Museum is ok with those going to the
lunch, that we have lunch first, at 12N and then then do an independent tour.

There are group tours available. Per the website, the guided tour requires
a minimum of 10 people and must be reserved 4 - 6 weeks in advance. This may
not be feasible for us.

Is this ok for all? Newberry Library is not open on Sunday, so that is not
a possibility.

If these options are not good, we need to go back to just having lunch this
time - location?

Please email me asap to tell me your thoughts so we can finalize the plans.

Maureen N

products.