From: "Marti" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Travel between Chicago and Elgin Ill
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:24:43 -0600

Elgin is directly west of Chicago. The main road out there is and I believe
always has been Lake St. This is at least a 40 mile trip. There is a train
that runs from Chicago out to Elgin and it probbably did as early as 1900.
Until 15 - 20 yrs ago there were parts of Lake St near the Elgin area that
were still 2 lanes. In the 1800's this would have been a very long trip.