From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] New resource at Newberry Library
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:53:54 -0600

The November issue of the Chicago Genealogical Society reported on a
new website from Newberry Library:

ChicagoAncestors.org
use of site is free, but they require registration.
(note I wasn't asked to register when I opened the page)

"allows researchers to....input street address or intersection or key
word.....and that area of the city
comes up with pointers to all the churches that are/were in the area
of the address.
Click on a pointer and name and date data on that church will be
displayed."

I think the software needs some fine-tuning. I had some difficulty
using address search.
I wound up going to "Collections" and searching that way--much longer.
But it's a great effort and will continue to improve.

Will be interest in what others have to say.

Other news from ChIcago Genealogy Society
http://chicagogenealogy.org/
Library sale----go online to see all of the genealogy resources that
they are selling off from their library
(which has been in someone's front porch for years!)

Nan

This thread: