From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ROONEY, FADDEN/FADIAN/MCFADDEN County Mayo
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:30:37 -0800 (PST)

Diane~
You know I just had a "light bulb" moment! My mother would refer to her g aunt in Chicago as Aunt Bessie! The one from 189 could be her! Will do the LDS to see what data is there! Nan BRENNAN had sent me some obit notations. This was when the (DUH) moment came re: the given name. It would be in the time line of emigration because her sister Ann nee ROONEY GIBLIN came out in 1885/1886 but to Cleveland. Did the marriage item give an area or church?

Mary Ellen

wrote:
My Mayo grandfather settled in St. Sylvester's parish on the northwest side,
but his 8 brothers and sisters were in other parishes. Unforthnately, I think
you'll find Mayo people all over the city, and I believe you need the parish
to use the archdiocesan sacramental records.

I rechecked the state index and found a Bessie Rooney marrying Ed Davenport
in 1891 and Ella Rooney marrying William Cahion in 1900, both Cook County. The
only Elizabeth Rooneys married in Adams and Menard counties. If you think any
of these might be yours, you could order the marriage certificate film from
the LDS. Or you could wait for the county index to come on line in January.

Diane