From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ROONEY, FADDEN/FADIAN/MCFADDEN County Mayo
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:19:35 -0800 (PST)

Nan~
Thanks so much. Will put this in my file and forward to family in Mayo. Not sure how many siblings came out in the late 1880s but no there were more than Elizabeth and Ann. I forgot to put in my query that Elizabeth was called Aunt Bessie by my mother.
How would one go about ordering death certificates in IL, Chicago area? The parent's name might be there as they are in MA, MD, and OH.

Mary Ellen Chambers
Lakewood, OH

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Hi Mary Ellen,

I found this stray Rooney obit, says native Co Mayo, but doesn't
indicate parish or townland.
Thought I would pass it on anyway:

Chicago Tribune, Jan 11, 1956
ROONEY, MICHAEL F
6822 S Justine St., beloved husband of Helen Williams Rooney;
fond father of Michael J.; Mary Kaslay; William andJohn Rooney.
At funeral home 69th at Justine St. Funeral Friday 9am to St
Brendan's church.
Interment Mount Olivet. Native of Co Mayo.

If you think it is of interest, there is an obit in Aug 1965 for a
Catherine C. Giblin, nee Glavey, wife of Thomas P. Giblin.
She must have been from Mayo as her obit includes "sister Margaret
Hopkins of County Mayo".
The obit does not indicate an Ohio connection.

Nan