Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ROONEY, FADDEN/FADIAN/MCFADDEN County Mayo
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:39:52 EST

My Mayo grandfather settled in St. Sylvester's parish on the northwest side,
but his 8 brothers and sisters were in other parishes. Unforthnately, I think
you'll find Mayo people all over the city, and I believe you need the parish
to use the archdiocesan sacramental records.

I rechecked the state index and found a Bessie Rooney marrying Ed Davenport
in 1891 and Ella Rooney marrying William Cahion in 1900, both Cook County. The
only Elizabeth Rooneys married in Adams and Menard counties. If you think any
of these might be yours, you could order the marriage certificate film from
the LDS. Or you could wait for the county index to come on line in January.

Diane

This thread: