From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ROONEY, FADDEN/FADIAN/MCFADDEN County Mayo
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:28:51 -0800 (PST)

Diane~
Thanks. I assume (you know what they say about that) that her marriage would have been pre 1900. How would one find RC archive sacramental data in Chicago area? Was there a parish or parishes which the Mayo emigrants tended to migrate. I think that since I don't know her marriage name but the fact that her brother-in-law had GIBLIN family in Chicago, might be a side door type of research collection.
Will await, she might have been post 1900, late bloomer :-)

Mary Ellen Chambers
Lakewood, OH

wrote:
Hi, Mary Ellen:

I don't see Elizabeth Rooney's marriage in the on-line state index, which
goes up to 1900. However, Cook County marriage records up to 1957 are supposed to
go on a searchable Web site in January, so you might check back around the
middle of the month, after genealogists in Cook County have recovered from the
initial excitement!

Diane