From: Mary Ellen Chambers <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] ROONEY, FADDEN/FADIAN/MCFADDEN County Mayo
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 10:10:45 -0800 (PST)

I am looking for data in the greater Chicago area for a ancestor whose maiden name was Elizabeth ROONEY. She was born circa 1870 or earlier, townland of Knockfin/Clerhaun, just outside of Westport Town. Her parents were Jacob (James) and Margaret ROONEY. I know her sister Anne nee ROONEY GIBLIN emigrated circa 1885 with her husband Austin to the Cleveland area. Austin also had family who emigrated to the Chicago area. The GIBLIN couple married at St. Mary Westport Town County Mayo in 1884.
Until the 1940s there was an active thread between the family in Chicago, a branch in MT and Cleveland, OH. I think the deaths of the original emigrants and WW II severed the link. The family still residing in Mayo and here in greater Cleveland, OH area would like to link up and share data.

Mary Ellen Chambers
Lakewood, OH

This thread: