Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fate of Chicago Contingent of IrishAmericans in Boer ...
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:07:13 EST

I was delighted to see Nan Brennan's posiing re: "They Fought with the
Boers" for a personal reason. Michael O'Hara, killed at the Battle of
Dalmanutha, was my grandfather's brother.
I have done a fair amount of research on the Chicago Irish-Americans and
their support for the Boers. It is a fascinating story involving Irish
patriotism, the Red Cross, American diplomacy, and South African military history,
Bill King, I tried to contact you directly, but your spam filter
blocked me.

Regards, Ed O'Hara

See what's new at
http://www.aol.com