Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Vital Records Fee Increase
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 21:18:46 -0500

Listers,

I'm not sure how many are aware, but the Cook County Clerk increased the fees for vital records for genealogy research as of September 01, 2007. I was not aware and had my fee check returned to me.With or without a State file number, the fees are $15. They used to be $10 with a State file number. It is $2 for additional copies of birth and marriage certificates and $4 for additional copies of death certificates. I sent them $40 for 2 records I did not have a State file number and one that I did have the number. They could have billed me for the $5, but instead chose to return the check. Anyway, this is just FYI.

Bill

This thread: