From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Comments on all church records
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:57:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if you know that the church records filmed by the LDS many times go beyond 1916. Yes, they do! If the register that contained the 1916 records went beyond, they were filmed.....the entire register. I've looked at Chicago Catholic church records that included baptismal and marriage records into the 1960's. Looking for later records? Check the church record film even if it says they only go to 1916.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Annette,

Thank you for a very helpful, informative answer!

Separate but related point, sometimes the film notes (in the online
library catalog) will indicate no index or limited index but the
films reveal more indexing.
Has that been your experience with the actual film?

Nan