IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-L Archives

Archiver > IRISH-IN-CHICAGO > 2007-10 > 1193364077

From:
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] early Chicago Directories
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:01:17 -0500
References: <CAB0A5FF-6302-4976-8EF6-65AB61B245EF@mindspring.com><023b01c8167a$3c0aa190$ea27fea9@YOUR360B6B8921><430C27D1-A60E-4FC3-B3D3-88280796A1E7@mindspring.com><f4eecdca1d3eb.471fae18@insightbb.com><1E98155B-AA56-4F1D-AC36-C684341D8F50@mindspring.com>
In-Reply-To: <1E98155B-AA56-4F1D-AC36-C684341D8F50@mindspring.com>

I realized after sending the email that you were talking about one directory, but I was talking about the Irish in Chicago Book that you sent out last week. It is a much longer book than the one you were speaking of.

Bill

From: Nan Brennan <>
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2007 1:39
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] early Chicago Directories

> Hi Bill,
> I found it much easier and faster to navigate in Adobe, but my
> "Find"
> must be working faster than yours.
> (sometimes Find doesn't work at all for me, I don't understand why)
> Another way that was fast was to key in a page number......I
> would go
> to the end of the book (key in the last page no),
> then page backwards to the index. Once I Had a page no and
> entered
> that into the page box
> (the empty box in front of the page nos). then the page came up fast.
> But I am talking about other books that I downloaded, I
> didn't
> download Strands.
> Which directory were you looking at?
> Nan
> On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:42 PM, wrote:
> > Nan,
> > I used the search box for O'toole. It said there was one
> reference,
> > but I clicked on it and it did nothing. So, I'm nots ure how
> to get
> > to the O'toole reference unless i go through page by page. I
> tried
> > a find on the Acrobat Reader, but it had to go through some
> 900+
> > pages. It was taking forever. There has got to be a better way.
> > Bill
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: Nan Brennan <>
> > Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 16:39
> > Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] early Chicago Directories
> > To:
> >> Marilyn,
> >>
> >> You are almost there.
> >> When you get the "list" , click on a title (it is a link),
> >> that will take you to the book. Then click on "view
> this book".
> >> The book will open. Click on the arrows on the right to
> >> page thru
> >> the book.
> >>
> >> I have not been successful using the search box?
> >>
> >> Has anybody used the search box?
> >> Nan
> >> On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Marilyn Shanahan wrote:
> >>> Sorry Nan...Guess I am missing something after going to the
> >> text
> >>> offering
> >>> and then keying in Chgo Directory, I cannot get any farther
> >> than a
> >>> listing
> >>> of them and their dates. Thanks for the help.
> >>> Marilyn
> archive>>>>
> >>>> http://www.archive.org/index.php
> >>>>
> >>>> click on texts and key in Chicago Directory
> >>>>
> >>>> -------------------------------
> >>>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> >>>> with the word
> >> 'unsubscribe'
> >>>> without
> >>>> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> -------------------------------
> >>> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IRISH-
> IN-
> >>
> >>> with the word 'unsubscribe'
> >> without
> >>> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> >> -------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IRISH-
> IN-
> >> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
> >> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> > -------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IRISH-IN-
> > with the word 'unsubscribe'
> without
> > the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to IRISH-IN-
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without
> the quotes in the subject and the body of the message