From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] early Chicago Directories
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 01:37:48 -0500

Hi Bill,

I found it much easier and faster to navigate in Adobe, but my "Find"
must be working faster than yours.
(sometimes Find doesn't work at all for me, I don't understand why)

Another way that was fast was to key in a page number......I would go
to the end of the book (key in the last page no),
then page backwards to the index. Once I Had a page no and entered
that into the page box
(the empty box in front of the page nos). then the page came up fast.
But I am talking about other books that I downloaded, I didn't
download Strands.

Which directory were you looking at?

Nan