From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Today's garbage
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:24:53 -0500

Yep, it was in the garbage--laying on top of the dumpster of my
building when I went to throw out my garbage:

"Who's Who in Chicago and Illinois" Volume 9 @1950
646 pages, at least 7,000 names. Hard bound, Excellent condition.
Of course, it is not all Irish, but 100s if not a couple thousand
Irish names.

This is the Illinois section of the "Marquis National Biographee
Reference File."

I imagine some libraries and genealogy groups already have it.

I'll probably hang on to it for awhile, but suggestions are welcome
as to it's final depository.
I'll ask Brian Donovan of IAHC if he would want it for their
genealogy section.
I haven't looked yet to see if openarchives has it.

Nan

This thread: