From: "Boydstun" <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Strangers Guide 1873 free online at openarchive
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 00:29:45 -0500

Thanks Nan,

I looked through this book and found on the Register of City Officials where
my great grandfather, E. Powell, was a City Weigher on the corner of
Randolph nad Desplaines. I still don't know what a city weigher weighed,
but it is nice to see it officially noted.

If anyone does know what a city weigher's job entailed in 1873, I would
appreciate learning about it.

Alice Lynne (Powell) Boydstun