From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Parish the Thought
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:58:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone,
It was good to see all of you today at the Irish Heritage Center. Special thanks to Maureen and to Jack for making it happen.
The book 'Parish the Thought' was brought up for discussion and my assignment was to get the information out to all of you! It just so happens that the book was written by a former neighbor of mine about my parish and school during the time I was incarcerated in, sorry, attending the school (St. Bede the Venerable on the southwest side). I did buy the book as soon as I heard about it and it is definitely a good read and brought back tons of memories and some I never heard about either. John Ruane, the author was a former altar boy and came from a very Irish family - his older sister was in school with one of my friend's sisters and a younger sister was on my softball team up at the park, he is a year younger than me, although he claims to have been born the same month and year as I was. However, I must take issue on some of the facts in book - it was my class that made our communion in the new church !! Anyway, aside from things like that it will bring lots of memories
flooding back.
The book is available from Amazon, also can be found at Borders or on the website which is:
www.parishthethought.com
A portion of the proceeds goes to the parish school of your choice if you buy it online.
It is also available at select libraries in the area.
I would be interested to hear from any of you that have read it or will read it at some point.

Beth Walsh

This thread: