From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Caulfield in city directories
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:57:10 -0500

The Patrick that died in 1906 would have born about 1862-3.
But you the Patrick you are looking for is born **0?

There was a Patrick Caufield living in the 29th ward Dist 883 in 1900.
Address was 4615 Laflin. This could be the Patrick that died in 1906.
He was born in Ireland in Jan of 1863.
He was living with his widowed sister in law Mary Caufield and her
two sons Thomas and James.
Mary was born in Ireland in July 1861

There were two other Patrick Caufields in the 1900 census.
one age 33, was born Ireland Aug 1866 imigrated 1867
living in the 20th wd dist 1200 he was a nurse at Alexian Bros Hosp

the other one was born Ireland Dec 1870 emigrated 1889
He was a streetcar conductor in1900 living with his wife sister
Catherine
at 411 42nd Place.
Could this one be your Catherine Caufield Foley?
She emigrated in 1888.