From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Myles SWEENEY,Anna RYAN Chicago, 1866-1872
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:18:31 -0500

I couldn't find them in early censes either.
I didn't find an online directory for 1870.
There was a Miles Sweeny in Schuyler Co Illinois in 1840
There was a Miles "Sweezey" who died in Calhoun Il in June 1850,age
25, born Ohio @1825
There was a Miles Sweeney recorded as naturalized in Jackson Co
Murphysboro Il
1859-1892 Jackson Co Historical Society page 27

There was a Miles Sweeney recorded as naturalized in Jackson Co
Murphysboro Il
1872 Jackson Co Historical Society page 142

1860 Census
Miles Sweny age 70 Born Ireland
Copley (Knox) Co Il PO Oneida
Wife Mary, children Margaret William