From: Cynthia Mac Suibhne <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Myles SWEENEY,Anna RYAN Chicago, 1866-1872
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:57:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello to All,
I'm almost embarrassed to post this with so little to go on but I guess in genealogy you throw it against the wall and see what sticks.
Our Cleveland SWEENEY family now seems to include some unexpected but very welcome Chicago SWEENEY family. Myles SWEENEY and Anna RYAN both from Ireland had at least two children Bridget SWEENEY and Thomas SWEENEY born in Chicago. Bridget was born according to her Cleveland death certificate as 1 Dec 1866 and her brother Thomas was born about 1867. According to the 1930 Ohio census these dates are a couple years off. More like Bridget in 1868 And Thomas in 1870. Other children Miles, Margaret, Ann and Catherine all claim Ohio birth, I don't know if that's true yet.
I haven't yet been able to locate these SWEENEYS in 1860 or 1870 Illinois census and I don't know if they were married in Ireland or Chicago, I'll keep trying. Bridget died in Cleveland in 1942 and it is listed that she was born in Chicago Ill.
I just thought if there was anyone who has info on this family I would love to hear from you.
Thanks, Cindy MacSuibhne