From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1900 Michael O'Keefe Pittsburgh
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 00:05:08 -0500

Kevin, tell me more of what you know about your Michael O'Keefe.
I know you were searching for an Arthur earlier.
Was Michael born in Ireland?

ALLEGHANY CO1900

MICHAEL OKEEFE
Pittsburgh Wd 18 ED 213
610 52nd St
age 35b Ire Apr 1865
immigration 1891
married 9 yrs (@1891)
employed: punching machinist
fully employed in prev yr

Wife Johanna age 34 b Ire Nov 1865 emig 1891
children all born PA
son Joseph age 7 Dec 1892
dau Nellie age 4 Aug 1895
son James age 2mos May 1900

There was also a Michael and Mary Okeefe in Scott Pa which is in
Allegany co.
Michael born Ire 1833, Mary born Ire 1836 both emigrated 1852
8 children born of this marriage, 2 living (how sad!) none living
with parents.
Michael was farming in Scott Township.

Passengers.

There was a Michael O'Keefe (maybe fr Co Cork) who arrived in 1891,
destination Chicago
arrived NY on May 16 1891 on the "City of Berlin"
I can't tell if he was single or married but no female O'Keefe was
near him on the passenger list.
He may have been traveling with a Thos Keany and Pat Terry, also from
Co Cork and going on to Chicago

This thread: