From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Burial Permits
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:47:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Fellow Listers,

I had a fortunate experience recently that I thought should be shared with you.............I viewed a original 1900 Cook County Medical Examiners Burial Permit! You know, the actual document from the Burial Permit Index.

As you know, the index includes name, place of death, date of death and a bunch of codes most of us cannot decipher. The only additional information on the permit is cause of death, which would probably not be available today because of privacy laws, cemetery and undertaker name.

Judie Mason
Chicago

This thread: