From: dan hogan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] List of Chicago Irishmen in Mulligan'sBrigade, Company "B"
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 19:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have just received a document dated 1928 from the
War Dept., Adjutant General's Office in Washington
stating that one Frank CURRAN of Chicago was enlisted
in Co B, 23d IL Inf and was killed in action at
Lexington, MO Sept 18, 1861. I see he is not on this
list published prior. Can anyone find any more info on
this Frank Curran?
He may possibly be my elusive ancestor.

Dan Hogan

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/datcivil.html
> [...]
> deserted 6/14/1862
> Glenney, John, Pvt., age 21, soldier, born Limerick
> Glennon, James, Pvt., age 35, laborer, born Meath
> Gorman, Michael, Pvt., age 25, died 7/24/1864 at
> Winchester of wounds rec’d in action.
> Gorman, John, Pvt., age 35, laborer, born Limerick,
> died 7/24/1864 at Winchester of wounds rec’d in
> action.
> Gould, John, Pvt., age 18, machinist, born
> Rochester, NY, discharged 3/31/1863.
> Hamill, Bernard, Pvt., age 18, bartender, born Rhode
> Island, deserted 5/29/1862
> Hayden, Patrick, Pvt., age 26, laborer, born
> Westmeath, mustered out 6/19/1864
> Healey, Bartholomew, Pvt., age 28, solider, born
> Kerry, deserted 4/25/1864
> Hederman, David, Pvt., age 30, laborer, born Clare,
> deserted 5/30/1862
> Hennessy, Thomas, Pvt., age 38, laborer, born
> Limerick
> Hickey, John, Pvt., enlisted 6/15/1861.
> Hirlahan, John, Pvt., age 22, laborer, born Cork,
> re-enlisted as veteran
> Hodges, William, Pvt., age 25, laborer, born
> Limerick, re-enlisted as veteran
> Horrigan, Daniel, Pvt., age 33, laborer, born
> Ireland.
> Howe, John B., Pvt., age 32, R.R. man, born Queens,
> deserted 6/3/1862
> Hynes, Dennis J., Pvt., age 27, schoolteacher, born
> Galway
> Johnson, Charles, Pvt., age 23, laborer, born
> Ireland.
> Kavanaugh, James, Pvt., age 26, laborer, born
> Limerick, died at Camp Douglas 2/18/1862
> Kane, Emmet, Pvt., age 24, wood turner, born
> Brooklyn, discharged 12/30/1862
> Kelly, Michael, Pvt., age 22, laborer, born
> Tipperary, enlisted 1/6/1862
> Kennedy, William, Pvt., age 27, laborer, born
> Tipperary, enlisted 12/9/1863
> Lawler, Patrick, Pvt., age 29, mason, born
> Tipperary, deserted 3/24/1862
> Loan, Richard, Pvt., age 35, laborer, born Meath,
> enlisted 3/5/1862
> Lovekin, George, Pvt., age 22, laborer, born Cork
> Lovekin, Henry, Pvt., age 20, soldier, born Cork,
> re-enlisted as veteran
> Lynch, Henry, Pvt., age 18, clerk, born Chicago,
> deserted
> Lynch, Patrick, Pvt., age 23, baker, born Clare,
> discharged 12/30/1862
> Lynch, William, Pvt., age 22, shoemaker, born Meath,
> deserted 9/10/1862
> McKirn, Dennis, Pvt., age 31, laborer, born Louth,
> re-enlisted as veteran
> McKeon, John, Pvt., age 22, soldier, born Cork,
> re-enlisted as veteran
> McCarthy, Dennis, Pvt., age 29, laborer, born Clare,
> sent to prison for five years
> McCarthy Walter, Pvt., age 38, laborer, born Meath,
> re-enlisted as veteran
> McGinnis, Thomas R., Pvt., age 30, printer, born
> Dublin, enlisted 6/2/1864
> McGirr, Thomas, Pvt., age 30, schoolteacher, born
> Tyrone, promoted commisary sgt.
> McGline, Martin, Pvt., age 30, chandler, born

Dan Hogan

This thread: