From: Beth Walsh <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Irish Studies Program St Xavier
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 20:22:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pat,
I'm not sure if the language program was cancelled also. Kathy's portion on history and genealogy and Maureen's on dance and culture were the 2 that I know for sure are cancelled.
It's too bad, as I have been kind of helping Kathy (at least as a sounding board and in some information gathering) as she's been putting this program together. She is still doing the presentation at the State Genealogical Session (I think that's the one in Elmhurst??). It looks pretty good - I proofread it for her yesterday. Lots of good ideas and many more available on some handouts. This is all on Irish geanealogy and history in Chicago. I'll try and get some copies.
Otherwise, I'm still working all these goofy hours at both places. I'm trying to get some action around the house - we finally got the faucet in the tub fixed and today I went out and bought a microwave to replace the one that fizzled out and died a few weeks ago.
Beth

patricia meyers <> wrote:
Hi, Beth,
I was just looking at the Xav's program and thinking how nice it would be to take the Celtic language program. Can't do it of course, but maybe if they offered it early enough to make some plans....

How are you? How is working going?

Pat

Beth Walsh wrote:
Unfortunately, most if not all of this was cancelled as they did not receive enough applicants for the course. Hopefully, they will offer it again in the future. 2 of the teachers that were going to teach segments of the course work with me and we were just talking about this just before I left work this evening.
Beth

This thread: