From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Irish Studies Program St Xavier
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Beth,
I was just looking at the Xav's program and thinking how nice it would be to take the Celtic language program. Can't do it of course, but maybe if they offered it early enough to make some plans....

How are you? How is working going?

Pat

Beth Walsh <> wrote:
Unfortunately, most if not all of this was cancelled as they did not receive enough applicants for the course. Hopefully, they will offer it again in the future. 2 of the teachers that were going to teach segments of the course work with me and we were just talking about this just before I left work this evening.
Beth

Nan Brennan wrote:
St. Xavier School for Continuing and Professional Studies: Irish
Studies Program

http://www.sxu.edu/cps/irish_studies.asp

Saint Xavier, which traces its roots to the Sisters of Mercy in
Dublin, Ireland, offers a non-credit Irish Studies Certificate
Program through the School for Continuing and Professional Studies.
The program provides students the opportunity to explore the rich
history and traditions of Ireland... its language and literature,
music and dance -and more. Courses, held at the University’s Orland
Park campus, have included Gaelic Language I and II, Irish Literature
into Film, Art and Genealogy, and Researching Your Irish Roots.

Kathy Murphy, Saint Xavier’s director of Marketing, has been looking
to expand the University’s presence through television. “WYCC offers
the right audience, quality programming and highly affordable
underwriting packages that include free and professional production,”
said Ms. Murphy. “We hope our Irish Studies promotion will be the
foundation for a continuing relationship with WYCC-TV20.” For their
Irish Studies Program, the school has opted to focus its sponsorship
schedule on Out of Ireland, a news, culture and entertainment program
produced in Ireland, with additional spots airing in conjunction with
BBC World News, Balykissangel and during prime time.

For more information on Saint Xavier’s Irish Studies Program, call
(708) 802-6200 or visit www.sxu.edu/irish.

Learn more about WYCC sponsorship opportunities.

http://www.wycc.org/viewarticle.aspx?article=62