From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Family Tree Maker
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Can you unload the 2008 version once you've uploaded it? The Kane County list has chapter and verse on all the things you can't do anymore on FTM. You might want to look at their emails on rootsweb's archives. Nice long lists....so far I've see lists 1 and 2 of 3 lists with list 3 yet to come. Whew! Talk about testing a piece of software. They should be paying us!

Patti

wrote:
Patti:

You may want to hold off on the purchase. I bought and installed it and
cannot get it to accept the genealogy data from the previous version. FTM sent
me a message offering an update pack that I downloaded and installed, and I
still cannot upload my 2007 version data into the 2008 version. In the
message they sent, they said there will be a 2nd update issued in October of this
year to correct further problems, so I'm just waiting for that to be finished
and provided. Otherwise, software that does not provide for uploading my 20
years of genealogy research is not of much value to me, or presumably anyone
else.

Hope that helps.

JJC