From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Bohemian National Cemetery in Chicago
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Listers............

I've been working on digitizing the records at this historic Chicago landmark where my Bohemian/Czech mother is buried along with three generations before her. I am amazed at the Irish buried in this cemetery! I guess there are a lot of Irish/Bohemian folks just like me. Hope you'll help with the restoration of the wooden water tower logging on to the website listed below and voting.

Thanks!

Judie Mason, Corresponding Secretary
Czech & Slovak American Genealogical Society of Illinois

The Bohemian National Cemetery in Chicago (recently named on the National List of Historic Places) is in contention for a grant from the American Express Foundation to restore the old water tower on the cemetery grounds. Please log on to www.partnersinpreservation.com for the details.

On the web-site is a place to vote for your choice (Bohemian National Cemetery).
Please vote and continue to vote daily (only once per day per e-mail address) until October 10.

Please send this to your mailing lists and ask them to get in on the daily vote.
Thank you,

This thread: