From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fw: elijah peacock Passenger Look Ups
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:56:53 -0500

Kevin,

There must have been another Elijah Peacock in Chicago before your
Elijah. There was one here as earlier as about 1837.

Are they connected? Elijah Sr and his sister Susanna Peacock
Thatcher came to Chicago in 1837 and were founders of the CD Peacock
jewelry store. Elijah Sr died in 1867 and Susanna died in 1904.
This family is buried at Rosehill Cemetery. Susana Thatcher was
living in River Forest at the time of her death in 1904.

Which leads me to wonder if Thatcher Woods is named after this family?

Nan