Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call McDowell
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:14:33 EDT

Hi Nan!
Yes, that's Ada. Someone suggested that the John may really be Sadie since
the other info fits her exactly. It says Married so I'm wondering where
Robert McDowell b. 1852 in Brooklyn can be? The RR closed in CO about 1914. I
thought I saw Robert was a bookkeeper in Denver. But I can't find where I saw
that--maybe an old phone book for Denver?
His son, William Freeman McDowell, has a WW I card showing he's living in
Chicago in 1917. I saw from a recent posting that the area he lived at was
rooming houses and for transients. Berkeley Street. In 1930 they are all in
the same location.
Any idea how I can find Neil?? Someone suggested it was a nickname for
Cornelius but that hasn't come up in any search so far. The Neil McDowell in the
WW II lists fits age but I can't find him after that.
Thanks!!
Barbara