From: "Sharon Kavanagh" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Kiosks at Chgo cemeteries
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 09:45:18 -0700

Bonnie - Thanks very much for sharing this info about the kiosks. I had not
learned of them on websites and we were not told about them by Calvary
Cem.personnel. Next trip to Chicago will include Hillside and/or DesPlaines!
Sharon-
in Oregon

<snip >Queen of Heaven's (in Hillside) master kiosk is in the mausoleum,
inside
> the front door,
> to the left of the chapel. (hmmm, bet that kiosk is available on Sunday
> when
> the office is closed, too!)
> All Saints (in DesPlaines) also has a master kiosk (sorry, didn't ask the
> location, probably the mausoleum, too).
You search on surname, the results summary lists all people of that
surname,
> date buried and
> age at burial. Click on the individual name, and it gives you the
> cemetery
> and location.
> This info has given me some clues for some ancestors who disappeared after
> the 1880 census.
> it sure helped narrow down possible death dates for these elusive folks!
> I hope I'm not the last genealogist in town to learn this secret. Good
> luck!
> Bonnie

This thread: