From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Roll Call McDowell
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 05:51:54 -0500

Barbara,

Who is John McDowell, born Virginia??

I think I found Ada McDowell in the 1920 census, a roomer at 513
Ashland at a rooming house owned by Margaret Malek.
Age is a little off, but everything else fits: it's Ada McDowell
age23 born Colorado, father born New York, mother born Virginia.
employed as a stenographer for a lawyer or law firm.

But right above her, also a roomer at this address, is John McDowell,
age 54, unemployed,
born Virginia, parents born Virginia.
I'll send you the image, but do you think this is just a coincidence
of names?

Nan