From: "Bonnie Brown" <>
Subject: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Finding Aid for Chicago Catholic Cemeteries
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:27:32 -0500

I learned something today that I'll share with everyone.

We're probably all aware of the kiosks at Chicago Archdiocese Cemeteries
where

you can find grave locations within the cemetery (not online, kiosk at the
Cemetery office).

Unfortunately, it's most convenient for me to visit on Sunday, when the

office isn't open, and there's generally no access to the kiosks.

I learned today of "master kiosks" where info from ALL of the Archdiocese
cemeteries is available.

Queen of Heaven's (in Hillside) master kiosk is in the mausoleum, inside
the front door,

to the left of the chapel. (hmmm, bet that kiosk is available on Sunday when
the office is closed, too!)

All Saints (in DesPlaines) also has a master kiosk (sorry, didn't ask the
location, probably the mausoleum, too).

You search on surname, the results summary lists all people of that surname,
date buried and

age at burial. Click on the individual name, and it gives you the cemetery
and location.

This info has given me some clues for some ancestors who disappeared after
the 1880 census.

it sure helped narrow down possible death dates for these elusive folks!

I hope I'm not the last genealogist in town to learn this secret. Good
luck!

Bonnie

This thread: