From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Oak Forest Infirmary & St. Gabriel Cemetery
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 05:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Judie,
I had gotten some information several years ago and information then was at at Mt Olivet. But you know how things change with these cemeteries...I think Beth probably knows...

Patti

Judith Mason <> wrote:
Hello List,

Back in May there was conversation pertaining to the Oak Forest Infirmary Cemetery (Cook County Potter's Field) and the adjacent St. Gabriel Cemetery which was the potter's field for Catholics who died at Oak Forest Infirmary. I've searched the archives but don't see that anyone determined where the burial records for St. Gabriel Cemetery are located.....Mt. Olivet and St. Casimir's were suggested. Does anyone out there know for sure?

If interested in the history of St. Gabriel's Cemetery, there is an article in the May 31, 1991 Chicago Tribune.

Judie Mason
Chicago