From: Bill King <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] 1883 Irish Catholic church
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:36:27 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

If Butterfield became Federal, this would make it the first street West of State. This address is before the numbering system was changed. The old system number was from the river. The new system was from Madison a few blocks South of the river. So this would place the address around 28th and Federal. The parish would be St. James which is still at 29th and Wabash. Wabash is the first street East of State. Bill King