From: Judith Mason <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fitzgibbon
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:50:31 -0700 (PDT)

Nan,

In 1879 my Mason gr grandparents lived at #4 Kansas which was changed to Grenshaw that same year. Today, in some areas, it my be 11th. St. There wasn't a conversion for $4, but #1 was at the intersection of Throop and Grenshaw.

Judie Mason
Chicago

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
There was a Kate Fitzgibbon, widowed, in the 1880 census for Chicago,
8th Ward (Dist 79)

District 79 boundaries: City of Chicago 8th ward bounded as
follows, north by the south side of Taylor street, east by the west
side of May street, south by the north side of 12th street, and west
by the east side of Loomis street

She was 47 yrs old, born Ireland.
Children all born Illinois:
John 24, Teamster
Katie, 20, dressmaker
Ellen, 18, dressmaker
Thomas, 16 at home.

Address looks like 46 W Kansas St (which I have never heard of!)