From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Fitzgibbon
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 01:55:38 -0500

From: Chicago Irish Families 1875-1925

Sullivan, Mrs. James, nee Fitzgibbon, July 29, 1891, at 770 Hinman
st., aged 26 yrs., native of Castlemahon, Co. Limerick. Funeral from
St. Pius Church to Calvary (1)

Fitzgibbon, James, Sept. 26, 1889, son of James, brother of John and
Garrett, native of Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, aged 18 yrs. Funeral
from resid., 130 N. May st. to St. Columbkille's Church to Calvary. (1)

Quinlan, Philip, at resid., 99 W. 11th st., Feb. 2, 1893, son of Ella
Quinlan, nee Fitzgibbon, and brother of Garret Quinlan, native of
Dromcolliher, Co. Limerick, aged 34 yrs. Funeral from the Jesuit
Church to Calvary (1)

Fitzgibbon, Mary (nee McMahon), wife of the late James, mother of
Officers John J., William J., and Hannah Fitzgibbon, Mrs. John P.
Nolan, Mrs. Brisbois, and Mrs. Richard Barry. Funeral from her late
residence, 756 W. Erie st. to St. Malachy's Church thence to Calvary
cemetery. Native of Newcastle West, Co. Limerick. --May 5, 1903

Fitzgibbon, Edmond Husband of the late Bridget (nee Callaghan),
native of Parish Murroe, Co. Limerick, father of Mamie, and Annie
Fitzgerald and brother-in-law of Edmond Callaghan. Funeral from his
late residence, 529 N. Hamlin ave. to Our Lady of Angels Church
thence to Calvary cemetery. --March 27, 1905 (1)

Bermingham, John, President of the Chicago Distilling Co., died at
his residence, 454 W. Taylor st. on Saturday, (Dec. 14), aged 65
yrs., after an illness of a few months duration. He was a native of
Co. Kildare, and came to America in early manhood, settling in
Chicago. His connection with the Chicago Distilling Co. began at its
foundation about 18 years ago and he gradually rose by his merits to
be Pres. of that flourishing concern. Among his first partners in the
company was the late John J. FITZGIBBON who retired about 1884, and
established the Calumet National Bank of which he was President when
he died on Oct. 1, 1892, and his living associates in the same
enterprise are Col. P. J. Hennessy, Mr. Thomas Hutchinson, and Mr.
Richard Walsh. Mr. Berminghan was remarkable for his magnificent
personal appearance and he was liked by all who met him, because of
his whole souled, pleasant, manners. In politics he was a vehement
Democrat-so vehement that he could barely tolerate anyone-especially
an Irishman-who differed from him in his favorite theory. His malady
was stomach trouble that developed rapidly. He leaves a widow but no
children. Funeral from Holy Family Church to Calvary cemetery. -Dec.
22, 1894