From: Ann Smith <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] roll call
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:46:58 -0700 (PDT)

My Irish g-grandparents James Gillen and Winifred Gilmartin b. around 1835 Co. Sligo,
most likely in Ahamlish Parish--no birth or marriage or immigration records so far. They
surfaced in Chgo. late 1850's in Holy Family Parish records. Their daughter Anna Gillen b.
1863 m. John Fitzgibbon 1892 Holy Family. They are my grandparents and they lived in
various parishes: Holy Family, Blessed Sacrament, Presentation, St. Mel's. Finally ended
up in Austin and into Oak Park in St. Catherine of Siena Parish, where I was born and grew
up.
The Fitzgibbons are another brick wall---g-grands Patrick supposedly from Co. Cork and
Catherine O'Brien or Dwyer (LImerick or Mayo) again no records until they surfaced in Chgo.
late 1850's in Holy Family Parish.He disappeared off the census in 1870, possibly dying in
1863. Catherine died in 1911.
Now if this was a Danish list, I could REALLY give you info!!
Ann Fitzgibbon Smith

Nan Brennan <> wrote:
Hi Ann,

Tell us more about your Gillens, Gilmartins and Fitzgibbons and what
you are looking for.

Nan