Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Hopkins native Castlebar died Chicago 1911
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 10:40:35 EDT

Hi Kathleen,

My first cousins in Crimlin and Castlebar would disagree with you. Crimlin
is a townland. The townland has changed its spelling from Crumlin to Crimlin
before my father was born in 1902. It was probably due to how the locals
pronounced "Crumlin". Currently the name is spelled Crimlin or Cruimlin (Gaelic).
I took a photo of the Crimlin/Cruimlin sign when I was last there in 2003.
Any letter I send my cousin Michael in Crimlin, I write Crimlin, Castlebar.

I view the townland as a neighborhood.

My point was that people who say they are from Castlebar may not be from
Castlebar proper.

Take care.

Nora

In a message dated 7/28/2007 3:17:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,