From: patricia meyers <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] Irish and the illinois and Michigan Canal
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:59:23 -0700 (PDT)

Maureen,
What a great find! Thanks for sharing. Wish I knew of any ancestors who worked on the Canal. I did check just to be certain.

Patti

wrote:
Hi,

I just came across an interesting website in Rootsweb regarding the Irish
and the building of the Illinois and Michigan Canal southwest of Chicago.

_http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcanal/_
(http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcanal/)

The website contains the names of many people who were involved in the
construction of the canal - many Irish.

Maureen N