From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [IRISH-IN-CHICAGO] O'keefe Missing G Uncle in Chicago 1920's
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:00:12 -0500

Hi Kevin,

That Column #29 pertains to service in the Civil War.
I don't know what the 3 in this column means, but we know he didn't
serve in the Civil War.

As to Col 22 regarding employment, that column records number of
weeks out of work in the previous year, 1909.
So it looks like he was out of work 24 weeks of 52 in 1909. He was
also out of work on the day the census was taken, April 20, 1910.
This guy had plenty of cause to move on! Chicago was not working out
for him.

Nan